Clan =SoE= Forum
Hello and welcome to Clan =SoE=, Special Operations Executive! If you are registered login now, if not please register now to enable posting and less adverts etc...
Advertising and spamming will cause your account to be banned.
We are a clan from many nations / countries and are against racist remarks.
We are a clan that plays America's Army 2.5.0, on Bridge Crossing. Mainly.
Cya on the Bridge! Hoooah!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Clan =SoE= Forum
Hello and welcome to Clan =SoE=, Special Operations Executive! If you are registered login now, if not please register now to enable posting and less adverts etc...
Advertising and spamming will cause your account to be banned.
We are a clan from many nations / countries and are against racist remarks.
We are a clan that plays America's Army 2.5.0, on Bridge Crossing. Mainly.
Cya on the Bridge! Hoooah!
Clan =SoE= Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice

3 posters

Go down

[WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice Empty [WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice

Post by =SoE=_SeeYourDoom Sun 11 Jul 2010, 21:01

This is a wonderful video created by BzX+. This video will teach you some basic/advanced 203 spamming techniques on bridge. It is a wonderful resource for anyone looking to add a new element to their tactics. Enjoy!

Knowing the enemy
To avoid m203 fire you must first realize how many m203 grenadiers (I'll call them m203ers from now on) there are. If there is only one you can easily count how many rounds the m203er has. He has 4 rounds and just subtract 1 each time you hear the distinctive sound of a round being launched. I suggest typing that number in teamsay since your teammates probably would like to know as well. (Note: I realize the sound you hear is actually not a m203 round since its fired from a GPK but for simplicity sake I'll just call it that). If there are more than 1 don't bother counting unless you are statistic genius and can tell who fired the shot.

Also important to know is the name of the m203er. This way once you eliminate him you will know the location of 203 and can sometimes guard the spot. Also telling your team "203 down" provides a nice a morale boost.

Knowing the shot

There are two types of spam shots. The first is a straight shot. A straight shot shoots straight into a target and takes no more than 2 seconds from firing to impact . These are probably the toughest to dodge but have the most areas to hide from.

The second shot is a drop shot. A drop shot is a tough shot that goes straight into the air and comes back down to hit a certain spot. Drop shots take around 10 seconds from point of firing to impact . This property of drop shots make it very easy to dodge them but has the least areas to hide from.

To differentiate from the two shots always be on the lookout (or is it hearout) for the sound of a m203 launch. As soon as you hear it prepare yourself to avoid the m203. If after 2 seconds you do not hear the 203 land the shot is a drop shot and you need to take drop shot counter measures.

General Avoidance

After identifying the amount of 203ers and identifying the type shot you need to do the actual avoiding.
Straight Shot Countermeasures
If the shot is a straight shot you don't have much choices. If you see the trails coming at you its probably already too late. However, you CAN position yourself to decrease the likely hood of getting hit. Putting a wall between you and the enemy, like behind the stairs, in the tower, behind the far car, or behind the north hill trees are all excellent places.
Since the def tower is the victim of most straight shots I'll go into detail here. First of all, straight shots are the ONLY way into a tower. Drop shots do not go through roofs fortunatly. Secondly they are extremely hard to aim. Most assault 203ers like to crouch or prone in assault tower and fire from there. But even with excellent CEM the shot will still go wide sometimes. Thirdly, even if the shot is accurate there is a chance of hitting the window bars, doing no damage to the people inside. Finally if the shot DOES go in cover is only a second away. Here is where:
(from the defense perspective)
If thema shot goes into the right window: Dropping down to the trap door ont the right will save you. Side stepping infront of center window boxes will also do.
If the shot goes into the center window: Most 203ers do not shoot here since it has a chance of hitting boxes which will do minimum damage. To avoid hide behind the center window boxes. Trap door will work as well.
If the shot goes into the left window: Going to the stairs left of left window when you enter the tower and crouching will minimize damage. Going prone there will shield you from nearly all damage no matter where the shot. Side stepping in front of the center boxes will work as well dropping down the trap door.

Drop Shot Countermeasures

To avoid these just go to a place where you have a roof to your head. Anywhere inside the defense tower will do and under the defense center tower will do as well. However, most m203ers only know one or two drops shots which will be outlines below.

Specific 203 Avoidance

1. Top stairs and wall above door: The third most commonly hit spot. The wall above the door is often the target of many straight shots from the far left hill on defense side. I've seen a few drop shots on there. This is a crappy place for defense early on in the game when most of the 203 spam is so dont set up camp here. If you see a straight shot coming, head inside the tower. If the m203er has been drop shotting there frequently go into the tower.
  2. Midstairs: A tough shot and is the second to last most common shot. Straight shots require alot of luck and lots of CEM. Drop shots most often miss. I wouldn't sweat too much about standing here.
  3. Behind stairs: *IMPORTANT* This is probably the second most commonly drop shotted place. Usually if I identify the shot to be a drop shot I usually stay away from here. You should too. If you see a straight shot coming at you from the stairs however, this is a nice place to be.
  4. In front of and behind center tower: The easiest and probably the most frequent straight shots next to tower. NEVER stand in front of the tower since missed tower shots will hurt you. Also be aware that shots here can also damage people behind the stairs if you are really unlucky.
  5. Behind woodcat: Usually to catch a defense in formation. No real threat if they are shooting you blindly but if the 203 has a visual on you don't stand here since its a very easy shot to score.
  6. Christmas Tree: I'm beginning to see more drop shots here since defense often goto the hills for cover, and this place offer cover and a nice defensive position. Straight shots are rare since its easy to miss and go over the hill.
  7. Behind the car: *IMPORTANT* The most common drop shot and frequent straight shot. If you hear a drop shot coming, don't stand here. Because 70% of the time its gonna hit here.

Spawn shots
Spawn shots are easy to avoid since most spawn naders have only 1 or 2 shot. So it gets pretty predictable of where NOT to run when you're running out of spawn after the first time. Common places I would avoid is the road and the pillars. I've seen a few spawn shots at the hills but if you run far right out of spawn and loop back to the tower you should be fine. If the m203er has 4 or more spawn shots (very very rare) and consistently alternates them you can always stay back next to the objective or far right side in the hills. The extra few seconds you lose for setting up position is well worth a wasted round of 203.

Miscellanious Tips

• m203ers are attracted to 203 fire and SAW fire. Don't stand next to them and if you are one of those two be sure to move often after you fire. You can also use this fact to attract 203 fire and hopefully waste some of their rounds.
  • The fastest a person can reload a m203 after firing is around 4 seconds. You can use this time to safely move into another position. If there are more than 1 m203er however this doesn't apply.
  • The tower and catwalks are safe from all drop shots. It's possible to get hit by a drop shot on the cat but it's only happened about once in my life.
  • The trapdoor tunnel and first floor defense tower with the door closed is safe from any possible type of 203 fire.
  • Common 203 positions are in the far left hill, assault wooden cat, location 4 on assault tower, and stairs. Sometimes SAW spamming there will lower their CEM and screw up their shot.
=SoE=_SeeYourDoom
=SoE=_SeeYourDoom
Administrator
Administrator

Forum XP : 7325

Back to top Go down

[WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice Empty Re: [WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice

Post by =SoE=_AngelOfDeath Mon 12 Jul 2010, 02:42

good tips Very Happy i dont know how he got the camera though on his m203. mind telling me what you type in consol??? and do you do the follow cam of your m203's?
=SoE=_AngelOfDeath
=SoE=_AngelOfDeath
Clan Council

Male Posts : 788
Forum XP : 9356

Back to top Go down

[WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice Empty Re: [WEAPON TRAINING] 203 Spam Video & avoidance advice

Post by =SoE=_CoolDude-ACI- Mon 12 Jul 2010, 02:49

how u get a 203 cam (offline)

Remember to everytime to open the console to bind
or to change the weapon u want:

Then: mpcheat
class g
(after this hit enter key),
also type mpcheat paramsammo2 --> unlimmited
Ammo

to see the Projectile, open the console and type:

bind X (i use P to view the 203) viewclass
projectile
<--- Everytime you shoot a 203 remember to press P
to see the 203.
=SoE=_CoolDude-ACI-
=SoE=_CoolDude-ACI-
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 893
Forum XP : 12940

https://clansoe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by =SoE=_AngelOfDeath Mon 12 Jul 2010, 03:02

does the camera work online games?
=SoE=_AngelOfDeath
=SoE=_AngelOfDeath
Clan Council

Male Posts : 788
Forum XP : 9356

Back to top Go down

Post by =SoE=_CoolDude-ACI- Mon 12 Jul 2010, 03:32

=SoE=_AngelOfDeath wrote:does the camera work online games?
nope
=SoE=_CoolDude-ACI-
=SoE=_CoolDude-ACI-
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 893
Forum XP : 12940

https://clansoe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down